ResolutionsPosted: January 1, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Tags: stuff, thoughts
It’s now 2011, and probably is now across most of the globe. After a chat with my sister earlier today and reading a tweet from MyMilkSpilt which said:
This NYE do yourself a big favour: don’t resolve to lose weight. Set activity & home-cooking goals instead, if you wanna ‘get healthy’!
I thought I’d write down my resolutions for this year. I’m trying to make relatively concrete resolutions about things that I am able to control. The happiness of others, for example, is not something I can control, so won’t be on my list of things that I’d like to achieve/happen this year.
- Cook more often – I cooked a lot last year, more than I have other years and consequently I ate a whole lot less take-away than previous years. I want to continue this into 2011, because I’m an awesome cook and I really love cooking. I know I’m privileged by both being able to cook and generally having time to cook (as well as a partner who will also take turns in cooking). I will also attempt to learn more recipes and cuisines. I had fun exploring Moroccan last year and this year perhaps I should try something else as well.
- Exercise – Last year was up and down regarding exercise with time, health, stress and dramas getting in the way. This year I want to get to the gym twice a week (at least) and to walk more and climb more stairs. I do actually like being active and the way my body feels (after the initial shock). So more of that please.
- Travel – I will travel to places this year that I have not been to (and places that I have, and really like). I have rough plans to travel to Byron Bay and the UK, so will travel with an open mind, a willingness to have fun, and understanding that things don’t always go as planned.
- Writing – I plan to blog more, and not always write long, detailed and deconstruction posts, but just quick short ones pointing out things that interest me, annoy me, or have made me think. I might even participate in NaNoWriMo this year to write out the novel that is forming in my head (or another one if I finish that one first).
- Believe in me – I’m going to spend more of this year (than I did last year) believing that I am entirely capable of what most people believe I am… well the positive things…. the negative things will not be listened to.
I hope that 2011 is far, far, far more awesome for everyone than 2010. Do you have any new year resolutions that you’d like to share?